About University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB
(This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the university's educational mission by providing quality services that complement the instructional program. The University depends upon UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds. We’re responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and local funding for research and sponsored projects.
Temporary, “non-exempt”, benefited position through June 30, 2022 (Appointment may be renewed annually based upon availability of funds, availability of work and satisfactory job performance). 2 positions available.
Salary: $15.50-18.50 per hour
Location: San Bernardino, CA
The Infant/Toddler Lab School supports students and families within the university and community at large by providing high quality child care and hands on learning experiences through developmentally appropriate practices, building relationships, and recognizing individual strengths and values.
32-40 hours per week. Schedule to be arranged, but typically, Monday-Friday from 8:00 am - 4:30 pm though some nights, weekend work may be required.
First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning May 21, 2021.
Under minimal supervision of the Director, the Master Teacher will work independently to:
- The incumbent will prepare and implement daily activities tailored to the individual needs of each child (in the areas of language, social, emotional, creativity, science, cognitive, multi-cultural, physical, and perceptual) and be a DAP (Developmentally Appropriate Practices) role model of effective teacher-child interaction in the implementation of the daily operation of the program.
- The incumbent will supervise and work effectively with undergraduate and graduate students, faculty, and others in daily activities of a laboratory school, including student observations, research, student interns, etc.
- The incumbent will maintain records according to State guidelines, maintain child assessments and developmental evaluations, work and communicate effectively with parents, including conducting parent- teacher conferences, and assist in monitoring the lab school according to licensing regulations.
- The incumbent will also follow State health and safety guidelines, participate in and conduct on-going staff development trainings and planning meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree in Child Development or related field.
- Applicants must have at least 24 units in early childhood development, with at least 4 units in an infant/toddler course. Applicants must have extensive knowledge of DAP and have experience teaching in an infant-toddler program, (preferably in a NAEYC accredited program).
- Certified in CPR and First Aid
Knowlege, Skills & Abilities:
Applicants must have the ability to lead and supervise others;
Must possess excellent interpersonal skills, have a friendly, helpful, professional attitude;
Be reliable, dependable, punctual, and responsible;
Have effective organizational and planning skills;
Ability to lift infant/toddlers as needed.
Current enrollment in M.A. Child Development or related program preferred.
Preferred: Children’s Center Permit matrix level: Site Supervisor.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Cash option
- CalPERS Retirement and CalPers 457
- Group Term Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Holidays & Personal Holiday
- Vacation and Sick pay accruals
- Educational Assistance Benefit is based on availability of funding.
- Workers' Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, State Disability Insurance
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is committed to a diverse workforce and affirmative action, and is an equal opportunity employer. UEC maintains and promotes a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment on the basis of race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristics, status as a disabled veteran, or disabled veteran of the Vietnam era.
To view the UEC Affirmative Action Program, please contact UEC Human Resources at (909) 537-7589 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB (UEC) is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access UEC's career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling UEC's Human Resources Manager at 909-537-7589.
EEO AA Policy Statement
Employment of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment. The selected candidate must also furnish evidence of freedom from active tuberculosis and Live Scan fingerprinting clearance as a condition of employment.