About University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB
(This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the university's educational mission by providing quality services that complement the instructional program. The University depends upon UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds. We’re responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and local funding for research and sponsored projects.
Temporary, full time, “non-exempt”, benefited position through 8/31/2022 (Appointment may be renewed annually based upon availability of funds, availability of work and satisfactory job performance).
40 hours per week. Schedule to be arranged, but typically, Monday-Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm though some nights, weekend work may be required.
Salary: $3,000-$3,466 per Month
Location: San Bernardino, Colton, Rialto
Department Summary: TRIO Educational Talent Search (ETS) is an educational program funded by the U.S. Department of Education designed to help middle and high school students to continue to the next grade level, graduate from high school, and enroll in and complete a college education. The TRIO Educational Talent Search Program at CSUSB will serve 1500 students from target schools in the Colton Joint, Rialto, and San Bernardino City Unified School Districts.
First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning 9/03/2021.
Under minimal supervision of the Talent Search Assistant Director, the Educational Counselor will work independently to:
- Assist with outreach, recruitment, and identification of eligible participants
- Serves as liaison between Program, target high schools, and community agencies
- Develops Individual Academic Plan (IAP) for each high school student
- Counsel and assist program participants in high school graduation requirements, college financial aid requirements and college admission
- Develop and facilitate the career development, self-development and college placement classes and/or workshops
- Coordinate and develop progress reports on students’ academic advising sessions and monitors academic progress
- Provide guidance to the Talent Search Academic Advisor and Student Tutor/Mentor
- Act as point of contact and liaison between foster care/homeless participants and foster care/homeless resources and target school personnel.
- Assess and monitor rigorous secondary school program of study (A-G Requirements) for assigned target high school participants
- Support and assist participants in completing and submitting postsecondary admissions and financial aid applications
- Provide assigned target high school participants with information and guidance on financial and economic literacy
- Collaborate with the Academic Advisor to support the transition of middle school participants to high school
- Assist with collecting and entry of data for the Annual Performance Report, including collection, accuracy and verification of participants’ academic data
- Support Program Director and Assistant Director in maintaining Program records in compliance
- Develop, coordinate and implement other program related projects as assigned.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Education: Applicants must be in at least junior standing pursuing a Bachelor's degree
- Experience: A minimum of one year of professional experience.
- The candidate is required to have knowledge of the A-G requirements, requirements for high school graduation and a general understanding of the postsecondary admissions and financial aid processes and criteria. The candidate is required to have knowledge of the A-G requirements, requirements for high school graduation and a general understanding of the postsecondary admissions and financial aid processes and criteria.
- Bilingual/Spanish preferred.
- Applicants must have strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Applicants must possess the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information, along with the ability to work cooperatively with a diverse group of people, exercise sound judgement, determine priorities, complete assigned projects in a timely manner and work well under tight deadlines.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates that have received TRiO-specific training, such as the trainings sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Strong preference will be given to candidates who have succeeded in overcoming barriers similar to those confronting the project's target population.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Bilingual/Spanish preferred
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Cash option
- CalPERS Retirement and CalPers 457
- Group Term Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Holidays & Personal Holiday
- Vacation and Sick pay accruals
- Educational Assistance Benefit is based on availability of funding.
- Workers' Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, State Disability Insurance
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is committed to a diverse workforce and affirmative action, and is an equal opportunity employer. UEC maintains and promotes a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment on the basis of race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristics, status as a disabled veteran, or disabled veteran of the Vietnam era.
To view the UEC Affirmative Action Program, please contact UEC Human Resources at (909) 537-7589 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB (UEC) is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access UEC's career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling UEC's Human Resources Manager at 909-537-7589.
EEO AA Policy Statement
Employment of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment. The selected candidate must also receive Live Scan clearance.