California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually. CSUSB reflects the dynamic diversity of the region and has the most diverse student population of any university in the Inland Empire. Seventy percent of those who graduate are the first in their families to do so.
At CSUSB, you can:
- Build your future
- Work with the best
- Be your authentic self
- Focus on you
- Make a lasting impact
- Work for a purpose that is greater than your own
- Bring everything you are, become everything you want
The Department of Management program at California State University, San Bernardino, and its outstanding faculty in two (2) distinct academic programs will help students to gain the critical skills, knowledge, and confidence to make a contribution and build a successful career as a manager or human resources professional. Undergraduate students studying at CSUSB can choose any one of these as a concentration in the Administration degree, or for non-business students, we offer a Minor in each of the subject areas. To find out more about the Department of Management, see https://www.csusb.edu/management.
Event Management and Support:
- The ASA will assist the ASC with the coordination of a number of recurring, and one-time, department events, and meetings; including but not limited to Department Retreats, Advisory Council/Board Meetings, Faculty/Visiting Scholar Meetings/Workshops, etc.
- ASA will also assist the ASC with the following:
- arrangements for hotels, food vendors/caterers, SMSU, UEC, Events Scheduling PDC, arrangements for the guest speakers, special guests, potential new hires, securing and disseminating maps and parking permits, etc.
Marketing and Publicity:
- The ASA will assist the ASC the preparation of brochures/flyers, advertisements for regional/national publications, conferences, and media outlets.
- The ASA may assist the ASC by Interacting with the Office of Strategic Communication and external actors to ensure these efforts meet both University and external actor specification.
- ASA will provide assistance with other job duties as assigned.
Employment Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt, Temporary with the possibility of converting to permanent.
Application Review Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning November 2, 2021.
- Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- Summer hours Monday through Thursday 7:30 am to 6:00 pm (per department needs and contingent on traditional Summer 4/10 work week)
Skills, knowledge, and abilities required for this position:
- Basic knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
- Working knowledge of English grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Ability to use standard office equipment.
- Ability to use standard word processing and related computer software packages.
- Ability to identify and solve standard problems and refer more complex problems to appropriate staff.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Fundamental writing and presentation skills to effectively communicate standard information.
- Ability to respond to routine inquiries and explain standard policies and procedures to others.
- Demonstrated competence in understanding, interpreting, and communicating procedures, policies, information, ideas, and instructions.
- Work often involves front line contacts with a variety of campus and community individuals requiring active problem solving and effective interpersonal skills.
- General working knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of office methods, procedures, and practices.
- Ability to learn, interpret independently, and apply a variety of complex policies and procedures. Able to identify deviations from applicable policies.
- Ability to apply independent judgment, discretion, and initiative to address problems and develop practical, thorough and, at times, creative solutions.
- Ability to perform standard arithmetic functions of a transactional nature, including tracking and comparing data.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or its equivalent AND one year of experience in general office clerical work or one year of training in a vocational school/college.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working in a higher education institution.
- Experience working with standard office equipment and Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $2,912 - $3,829 per month
Classification Salary Range: $2,912 - $3,829 per month
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. In our commitment to diversity, we welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. Our commitment to work toward an environment that values diversity requires that we create, promote, and maintain activities and programs that further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values that discourage intolerance and discrimination.
The concept and dimensions of diversity are to be advanced and incorporated into every aspect of university activity, including student life, the curriculum, teaching, programs, staffing, personnel training practices, research, community services, events, and all other areas of university endeavor.
Dimensions of diversity shall include but are not limited to, the following: race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, gender expression, ability, socioeconomic status, cultural orientation, national origin, and age.
The implementation of the Commitment to Diversity will rest with the university as a whole. The president, in addition to a personal commitment and involvement, may use the University Diversity Committee, campus administrators, faculty, staff, and students as well as other members of the campus community to implement effectively the philosophy and intent of this statement.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or the continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)