California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually. CSUSB reflects the dynamic diversity of the region and has the most diverse student population of any university in the Inland Empire. Seventy percent of those who graduate are the first in their families to do so.
At CSUSB, you can:
- Build your future
- Work with the best
- Be your authentic self
- Focus on you
- Make a lasting impact
- Work for a purpose that is greater than your own
- Bring everything you are, become everything you want
Facilities Planning & Management is here to provide, maintain, and enhance the campus community in support of the University’s mission. Facilities Planning & Management consists of two divisions whose combined scope encompasses all aspects of Facilities at California State University, San Bernardino: Facilities Management and Facilities Planning, Design & Construction.
Under the general direction of the Facilities Administrative Services Manager, the Warehouse Support Coordinator performs work assignments that typically include coordination of administrative, clerical, and customer Service based functions in support of Facilities Planning and Management warehouse operations.
Responsibilities include, but is not limited to:
Warehouse Administrative Support
- Coordinate clerical and administrative support functions for warehouse operations.
- Oversee electronic and hardcopy documentation of materials received, filing receiving documentation of Administrative Services for proper handling, verification, and reference.
- Serve as primary point of contact for warehouse communications to include sending and receiving emails, answering phones, etc.,
- Collaborating with both internal facilities planning and management customers as well as with members of the campus community.
- Create reports on daily, weekly, monthly, or as needed basis to track materials, procurement, turnaround time, inventory, and other warehouse metrics.
- Assist warehouse staff in developing order priorities, placing orders, tracking materials, and back ordered products; handling exchanges and returns as needed.
- Assist with preparing and reconciling monthly procurement card statements
- Assist with resolving material quality and quantity of materials shipped and received; initiate appropriate action to avoid and remedy discrepancies.
- Communicate delivery times, delays, backorders, etc.to customers
- Perform data entry tasks to include inventory receiving, material requisitions, opening and closing purchase orders etc.; utilizing the department computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) as well as other vendor and resource enterprise databases.
- Utilize the CMMS to process, post, track, receive and distribute materials and equipment; perform quantity-on-hand adjustments
- Maintain and update the status of part orders, request receipts in support of warehouse operations.
- Partner with warehouse staff to identify process improvements. Interpret policies and procedures and use ingenuity for efficient improvement methods.
- Assists with inventory adjustments, site counts, and physical inventories.
- Greet on-site warehouse visitors, to include vendors, delivery drivers, contractors, and campus personnel.
- Oversee and monitor warehouse areas and access to ensure safety, security, and inventory integrity during warehouse operations.
- Assist Facilities Service Center (FSC) with administrative support duties as assigned, serving as back up for FSC and front office operations.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers, drivers, and CSU personnel. Exercise respect and collegiality, use tact, courtesy, alertness and good judgement in daily interactions.
- Display consistent behavior and attitude that supports and fosters a diverse, safe, inclusive, and respectful work environment.
- Serve on department and /or university committees as directed.
- Perform other administrative service support work as needed.
Employment Status: Full-time, Probationary, "Non-Exempt" position (with the possibility of converting to permanent).
Application Review Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. The initial review of applications will begin on May 13, 2022.
Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, weekends and evenings may be required.
- Experience working within a diverse community.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Excellent communication skill; active listening, speaking, writing, reading, body language, and social etiquette.
- Ability to work in an active warehouse environment with seasonal temperature fluctuation.
- Ability to use computer systems, a broader range of technology, software, and databases.
- Ability to use and quickly learn new support technology systems and software packages.
- Ability to consistently don wear personal protective equipment.
- Ability to work in the vicinity of heavy equipment operation.
- Ability to use multiple methods of communication to include RF (Radio) and electronic mobile communication devices.
- Excellent time management skill.
- Ability to transpose and track data and perform standard math and arithmetic
- Ability to independently handle multiple work task, priorities, and projects.
- Ability to independently apply a wide variety of policies and procedures.
- Ability to draft and compose correspondence and related reports, effectively present standard information in writing.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate comradery, empathy, and high levels of emotional intelligence.
- Ability to demonstrate positivity, patience, and serenity amid challenging circumstances.
- Ability to effectively handle a broad range of interpersonal contacts.
- Ability to develop practical, thorough, and creative solutions while utilizing professional judgment and active problem-solving.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or its equivalent AND three years of progressively responsible experience in general office clerical or secretarial work or the equivalent.
- Experience in utilizing resource, asset, and maintenance management database software systems such as PeopleSoft, SimpleK, and TMA
- Thorough, detailed knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,300 - $3,400 per month
Classification Salary Range: $3,276 - $5,148 per month
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. In our commitment to diversity, we welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. Our commitment to work toward an environment that values diversity requires that we create, promote, and maintain activities and programs which further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values which discourage intolerance and discrimination.
The concept and dimensions of diversity are to be advanced and incorporated into every aspect of university activity, including student life, the curriculum, teaching, programs, staffing, personnel training practices, research, community services, events, and all other areas of university endeavor.
Dimensions of diversity shall include, but are not limited to, the following: race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, gender expression, ability, socioeconomic status, cultural orientation, national origin, and age.
The implementation of the Commitment to Diversity will rest with the university as a whole. The president, in addition to a personal commitment and involvement, may use the University Diversity Committee, campus administrators, faculty, staff, and students as well as other members of the campus community to implement effectively the philosophy and intent of this statement.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)