About University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB
(This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the university's educational mission by providing quality services that complement the instructional program. The University depends upon UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds. We’re responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and local funding for research and sponsored projects.
Temporary, “non-exempt”, benefited position through 12/31/2022 (Appointment may be renewed annually based upon availability of funds, availability of work and satisfactory job performance).
Salary: $3,120-$3,466.60 per month
Location: San Bernardino, CA
Under the supervision of the two Principal Investigators, the administrative assistant will carry out communication with faculty and students, handle budget monitoring and documents, assist with reporting required for the grants, coordinate events including logistics, and other tasks as needed. The administrative assistant will work with a variety of software and databases to accomplish these tasks, and will work with limited supervision.
40 hours per week. Work Schedule: Generally scheduled by mutual agreement between Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00pm, with occasional evening and weekend hours.
First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning 6/16/2022.
Under minimal supervision of the Principal Investigators, the Administrative Assistant I will work independently to:
- Set up events. This includes, identifying meeting times and places for project related meetings, arranging food, venue, technological support and/or setting up Zoom meetings.
- Assist the project team in collecting and organizing all project related documents and data, including keeping records of all student scholars enrolled at CSUSB and at four partner community colleges.
- Facilitate communication between evaluator, the educational researchers and members of the project team.
- Assist the project team in recruiting student and faculty participants. This includes creating and disseminating Requests for Applications for faculty members to participate in FLCs and setting up recruiting events for potential S-STEMs Scholars. Track participants and participant attendance at meetings.
- Work with registration and financial aid offices, and faculty mentors to provide appropriate resources to scholars.
- Assist project team in compiling project reports for the project evaluation, semester accounting, and annual reporting.
- Enter Institutional Review Board information, provided by the project team, into CAYUSE.
- Make project related purchases.
- Work with UEC to ensure appointment/payment for vendors and personnel.
- Assist the project team in creating newsletters, PowerPoint presentations, and articles to disseminate the outcomes of the project.
- Make travel arrangements, enter travel authorizations and process expenses through CONCUR
- Maintain project webpages and social media presence.
- Other duties as assigned by the PIs
- Education: Applicant must have at least a high school education
- Experience: Minimum of three years of experience in general office clerical work, along with editing and computer skills including Microsoft office suite (such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook) and ability to quickly and accurately learn other electronic data bases and programs.
- Other: Applicant must possess thorough knowledge of office methods, procedures and practices and have experience in operating a duplicating machine, and scanner. Must have the ability to navigate the internet and social media sites, handle confidential and sensitive information/situations and must be able to think creatively to resolve issues. Applicants must have good interpersonal and communication skills along with excellent customer service skills. Applicants must possess a thorough knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, punctuation, as well as the ability to work with diverse populations and with a team of support staff and faculty. Applicants must have the ability to follow directions, take initiative, be flexible, have the ability to multi-task and make decisions with minimal direction on a day-to-day basis, and be accountable for work performed.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Cash option
- CalPERS Retirement and CalPers 457
- Group Term Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Holidays & Personal Holiday
- Vacation and Sick pay accruals
- Educational Assistance Benefit is based on availability of funding.
- Workers' Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, State Disability Insurance
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is committed to a diverse workforce and affirmative action, and is an equal opportunity employer. UEC maintains and promotes a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment on the basis of race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristics, status as a disabled veteran, or disabled veteran of the Vietnam era.
To view the UEC Affirmative Action Program, please contact UEC Human Resources at (909) 537-7589 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB (UEC) is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access UEC's career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling UEC's Human Resources Manager at 909-537-7589.
EEO AA Policy Statement
Employment of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment.