California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually. CSUSB reflects the dynamic diversity of the region and has the most diverse student population of any university in the Inland Empire. Seventy percent of those who graduate are the first in their families to do so.
At CSUSB, you can:
- Build your future
- Work with the best
- Be your authentic self
- Focus on you
- Make a lasting impact
- Work for a purpose that is greater than your own
- Bring everything you are, become everything you want
Utilizing the tools of web and mobile technologies, including AI and machine learning, Digital Transformation strives to create a culture of easily accessible, intelligently designed, and seamless systems to improve the human experience at CSUSB by making interactions available from anywhere. We seek to improve university processes, eliminate administrative bottlenecks, reduce technology barriers, and increase operational efficiency by creating intuitive, agile, and efficient tools to accelerate graduation, increase retention, and support the success of our students, faculty, and staff.
Under the indirect supervision of the Digital Transformation Lead and immediate supervision of the Director of Digital Transformation in the Division of Information Technology Services, the Drupal Administrator (Information Technology Consultant II) will analyze user systems and CMS application needs, determine and evaluate solutions and approaches to optimize and implement strategic goals including performing module and core security updates, and implementation of new functionality and modules. This includes providing input when planning the technical development of new CMS functionality to meet technical challenges.
Employment Status: Full-time, Temporary, "exempt" position.
Application Review Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. The initial review of applications will begin on April 7, 2023.
Required Application Materials
Candidates are required to attach a letter of application, curricula vitae/resume, and a list of at least three (3) professional references.
- Generally, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Some weekends and evenings may be required.
- Basic foundation of knowledge and skills in technical information systems and application program packages is a prerequisite.
- Working knowledge of common software application packages, equipment platforms, reference database systems and sources, and training methods and a basic understanding of networks, data communication, and multimedia systems.
- Understanding of data structures such as JSON, XML, RSS.
- Ability to perform module updates and core security updates to existing Drupal installations.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
Required Education and Experience
- This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related fields, or similar certified coursework in applicable fields of study.
- Must have an equivalent of 3 or more years of relevant professional experience with Drupal.
- At least 2 years computer programming experience.
- Experience with Pantheon, Composer, Drush, Redis, Shibboleth.
- Write scripts to perform unit tests, functional tests, and integration tests.
- Experience with Drupal upgrades and migration.
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform or Amazon AWS.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Experience with website scalability, optimization and security.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,372 - $6,500 per month
Classification Range: $4,372 - $10,792 per month
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. In our commitment to diversity, we welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. Our commitment to work toward an environment that values diversity requires that we create, promote, and maintain activities and programs which further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values which discourage intolerance and discrimination.
The concept and dimensions of diversity are to be advanced and incorporated into every aspect of university activity, including student life, the curriculum, teaching, programs, staffing, personnel training practices, research, community services, events, and all other areas of university endeavor.
Dimensions of diversity shall include, but are not limited to, the following: race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, gender expression, ability, socioeconomic status, cultural orientation, national origin, and age.
The implementation of the Commitment to Diversity will rest with the university. The president, in addition to a personal commitment and involvement, may use the University Diversity Committee, campus administrators, faculty, staff, and students as well as other members of the campus community to effectively implement the philosophy and intent of this statement.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)