The Assistive Technology and Accessibility Center Coordinator supervises and maintains the ATC lab, and provides assistive technology support to other offices and departments at CSUSB, among other duties.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain the working order of ATAC lab and ATAC machines deployed across campus (40 machines [7 at PDC]), including lifecycle planning.
- Facilitate the purchasing, maintenance, and upgrade lifecycle of assistive technology hardware and software.
- Assist in maintaining the Active Directory group, including creating group policies to configure operating system, applications, and user settings.
- Maintain inventory of all ATAC equipment, including hardware and software.
- Provide remote desktop assistant to all machines via remote services.
- Provide AT technical support to Services to Students with Disabilities, Veterans Resource Center, TSC, housing, PDC, Pfau Library, SAIL lab, and Workability IV. Assist with technical support to Accessible Technology Initiative (ATI) Coordinator and staff in support of larger Accessible Technology Initiative (ATI). Work cooperatively with Services to Students with Disabilities to support the student population, including one-on-one and group training in assistive and standard technology.
- Create accessible training materials in a variety of formats including print, audio, and video, and maintain electronic and paper documentation.
- Assist with troubleshooting assistive software issues for students, faculty, and staff and escalate as needed, including coordination with product vendors.
- Recommend and deploy appropriate assistive technology (AT) and provide AT accommodations to the campus community based on user needs and preferences. Support staff, faculty, and student assistants’ assistive technology needs, and support workstations including installation, troubleshooting, general technical support, and technology orientation/onboarding and ongoing training and follow-up.
- Assess and evaluate latest assistive technology solutions, such as updates to already existing solutions, or recently developed solutions, and determine if and how they are appropriate for implementation. This applies to Windows OS, Mac OS, iOS, Android, and hardware solutions.
Minimum Qualifications: Required Education and Experience
Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Science, or related field.
- Thorough working knowledge of assistive technologies in general and specifically screen reading software, on-screen magnification, optical character recognition, speech recognition, literacy software and braille.
- Working knowledge of disability laws and accessibility guidelines including the ADA, Section 508, and best practices.
- Ability to generate metric-based reports on demand for product and service utilization.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, faculty, and students.
- The ability to work cooperatively with a diverse group of individuals.
Knowledge in Windows 7, Mac OS iOS Android OS’s and their respective accessibility features and apps (BeMyEyez/SeeingAI/ OCR apps), Deep Freeze, Tobii Eye Control , Steady Mouse, Grackle, Active Directory, SCCMMicrosoft Office Suite and its accessibility features Symantec Ghost Imaging Solutions, Drupal 8JAMF, Assistive technology hardware; adaptive controllers, augmentative communication devices, low vision, low mobility, and other technologies to cover facilitated access.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities in a higher education setting.
- Experience managing a computer lab in an educational setting.
Working knowledge of Active Directory and Group Policy is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Windows, iOS, and android operating systems.
Compensation and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,678 - $5,000 per month
Classification Salary Range: $4,678 - $11,547 per month
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
Work status: Full-time/Exempt/Temporary (up to one year with the possibility of further renewal)
Schedule: Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, weekends and evenings may be required.
The application deadline is: February 6, 2023
Conditions of Employment:
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
CSUSB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. See Form I-9 Acceptable Documents at https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who physically access campus facilities or programs to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes obtaining a COVID-19 booster dose, or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/11030468/latest.
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. We welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. We will create, promote, and maintain activities and programs that further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values that discourage intolerance and discrimination.
California State University, San Bernardino is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, caste, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, protected military or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096) For more information about Diversity & Inclusion at CSUSB, please visit https://www.csusb.edu/human-resources/diversity-inclusion
We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact the Employee & Labor Relations Coordinator by email at KFirstenberg@csusb.edu.
CSUSB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/6591951/latest/.
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State San Bernardino Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://www.csusb.edu/clery-act