Analyze user, workflow systems and document storage/archiving application needs, and determine and evaluate solutions and approaches to optimize and meet user needs.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with supporting, developing, and maintaining work automation solutions using the campuses Enterprise Management System (EMS) and Content Management System (CMS) application(s) at a foundational level.
- Under direct supervision, assist with determining and evaluating solutions and approaches to optimize and meet user needs. This includes providing input when planning the technical development of new projects to meet all user requirements. Final solutions will be decided by more senior staff.
- Entry level ability to write scripts to perform unit tests, functional tests and integration tests. Automate deployment from one environment to another environment. Supervisor or lead will be approve any script before being placed into production.
- Entry level ability to write, design, and implement API’s to pull/push data to other systems on campus. Supervisor or lead will be approve any script before being placed into production. Assist more senior staff with integrating third party systems to function with campus systems, both on premises and cloud-based.
- Under direct supervision and within a limited scope, debug, fix bugs, add features and interact with third-party vendors to implement new changes to university EMS, CMS, and web-based applications, and mobile app(s) while deferring final decisions to more senior staff.
- Assist more senior staff with developing technical specifications and requirements for the optimal integration and implementation of systems. Final decisions will be made by more senior staff.
- Under direct supervision and within a limited scope, design, create and maintain application programs and structures to meet user requirements that optimize the use of available resources. • Be present and assist while more senior staff consult with users to identify and document software/system purpose, workflow issues, output needs and to determine overall functional and technical system requirements and specifications.
- Based on user requirements and needs, provide recommendations to more senior staff on a suitable development methodology and develop succinct, timely programming code, or modify software in a logical fashion which optimizes programming resources and meets functional user requirements within limited scope. Final decisions will be made by more senior staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related fields, or similar certified coursework in applicable fields of study.
- Experience with one of the following object-oriented languages: Java, Python, C#
- Experience working with Oracle database and SQL database.
- Good understanding with project code version control tools such as: Github, Bitbucket.
- Knowledge and experience with Hyland’s OnBase workflow and administration.
- Experience working in or with higher education.
- Experience developing RESTful API with one of the following languages: Java, C#, NodeJS, Python.
- Familiarity with data format JSON and XML.
- Understanding of Intermediate HTML & CSS.
Compensation and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,713 - $4,300 per month
Classification Salary Range: $3,713 - $7,149 per month
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
Work status: Full-time/Non-Exempt/Temporary (up to one year with the possibility of further renewal)
Schedule: Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, weekends and evenings may be required.
The application deadline is: February 2, 2023
Conditions of Employment:
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
CSUSB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. See Form I-9 Acceptable Documents at https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who physically access campus facilities or programs to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes obtaining a COVID-19 booster dose, or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/11030468/latest.
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. We welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. We will create, promote, and maintain activities and programs that further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values that discourage intolerance and discrimination.
California State University, San Bernardino is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, caste, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, protected military or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096) For more information about Diversity & Inclusion at CSUSB, please visit https://www.csusb.edu/human-resources/diversity-inclusion
We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact the ADA Coordinator by email at email@example.com
CSUSB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/6591951/latest/.
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State San Bernardino Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://www.csusb.edu/clery-act