Work status can include Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Hourly, On-Call, Intermittent "Non-exempt", Emergency Hire (up to 180 days, all permanent positions must go through the competitive recruitment process) positions.
Schedule: To be arranged by hiring department.
* A pool of qualified candidates will be established for current and future vacancies at the San Bernardino or Palm Desert Campus. Qualified applicants will be kept active from January 1, 2023, through December 31, 2023.
Under immediate supervision, the incumbent will empty trash receptacles daily, remove loose trash and dump trash containers adjacent to buildings as directed. The following duties include:
- The incumbent will replace liners as needed, flatten old boxes and place them in designated areas.
- The incumbent will replenish lavatory supplies, restock custodial closets, and assist lead workers in determining future needs.
- The incumbent will keep all dispensers full and an adequate supply of materials on hand in the custodial closet free of debris, personal items, and in a neat orderly fashion.
- The incumbent will sweep, mop, wax, scrub, strip, buff floors; vacuum and clean carpets; clean various auditoriums, shops, laboratories, locker rooms, classrooms, and offices.
- The incumbent will set up for special campus events; dispense and/or move furniture in offices or classrooms; unlock and lock windows; clean windows, walls, and light fixtures; safeguard buildings and equipment from unauthorized use and perform other duties as assigned.
Current employees will be given preferred consideration.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift, lower, push, and pull loads ranging in weight from 5-60 pounds; must be able to carry loads ranging from 20-50 pounds for distances up to 20 feet; must be capable of kneeling, reaching overhead, climbing stairs and ladders, walking, twisting, stooping, and bending; depending upon the project, employee may spend 20-50% of day sitting, 20-50% of day standing, 20-50% of day walking.
- Applicants must have the ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position along with the ability to follow simple oral and written directions.
- Applicants must have the ability to use and care for janitorial supplies and equipment.
- Applicants must have the ability to work with a diverse group of people.
- Duties may involve the use of a state vehicle which would necessitate possession of a valid California driver's license and the successful completion of the campus Defensive Driving examination.
- The equivalent to a high school diploma is required.
Compensation: The salary range for this classification is $ 3,338.00 to $ 4,490.00/month.
The hourly range for this classification is $19.26 to $25.90.
Salary schedule details [calstate.edu]
Conditions of Employment
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Driver’s License Check
Possession of a valid Driver's License is required. Employees in this position will be enrolled in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Government Employer Pull Notice Program which confirms possession of a valid driver's license and reflects driving record.
Employment is contingent upon a candidate passing a pre-employment physical exam with the ability to lift in excess of 50 lbs.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
CSUSB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. See Form I-9 Acceptable Documents at https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who physically access campus facilities or programs to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes obtaining a COVID-19 booster dose, or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/11030468/latest.
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. We welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. We will create, promote, and maintain activities and programs that further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values that discourage intolerance and discrimination.
California State University, San Bernardino is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, caste, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, protected military or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096) For more information about Diversity & Inclusion at CSUSB, please visit https://www.csusb.edu/human-resources/diversity-inclusion
We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact the ADA Coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
CSUSB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/6591951/latest/.
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State San Bernardino Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://www.csusb.edu/clery-act