Practicum Specialist/School of Social Work (UEC)
Job no: 531086
Work type: Auxiliary
Location: San Bernardino - San Bernardino Campus, San Bernardino - Palm Desert Campus
Categories: Excluded, Administrative, At-Will, Full Time, Counselor (Non-instructional Faculty), On-site (work in-person at business location)
About University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB
(This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the university's educational mission by providing quality services that complement the instructional program. The University depends upon UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds. We’re responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and local funding for research and sponsored projects.
Temporary, full time, “non-exempt”, benefited position through June 30, 2024 (Appointment may be renewed annually based upon availability of funds, availability of work and satisfactory job performance).
Salary: $4,506.58 to $ 5,546.56 per month
Location: Palm Desert
40 hours per week. Schedule to be arranged, but typically, Monday-Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm though some nights, weekend work may be required.
First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled.
Under minimal supervision of the Director of Field Education, the Practicum Specialist will work independently to:
- Support students placed at agencies that do not have an MSW level supervisor to provide supervision and instruction. Provide weekly supplemental supervision to students with non MSW level supervisors. The agency maintains all administrative authority and clinical oversight over the student’s practice.
- Develop and implement weekly group supervision and supplemental seminar content based on CSWE competencies.
- Document student progress and update assigned Faculty Liaison.
- Work with School of Social Work faculty and agency instructors to ensure CSWE competencies are integrated into agency learning experiences.
- Provide social work perspective and link practice to CSWE competencies and social work theories during individual and group supervision.
- Collaborate with current agencies and community partners to build, strengthen, and maintain relationships.
- Collaborate with current agencies and community partners to provide necessary support and problem solving as needed.
- Collaborate with agencies to ensure that competencies are being integrated into the field practicum experience; assist in planning for trainings; and ensure the appropriate placements of students.
Department and University Collaboration
- Participate in faculty meetings and field education committee meetings.
- Attend bi-weekly Field Coordinator Meetings and monthly Faculty Liaison meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Field and School staff.
- Education: Master's Degree in Social Work
- Experience: 2 years post MSW experience and field instruction experience
- Social Work License
- Familiarity in supervision, developing training, and teaching
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Cash option
- CalPERS Retirement and CalPers 457
- Group Term Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Holidays & Personal Holiday
- Vacation and Sick pay accruals
- Educational Assistance Benefit is based on availability of funding.
- Workers' Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, State Disability Insurance
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is committed to a diverse workforce and affirmative action, and is an equal opportunity employer. UEC maintains and promotes a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment on the basis of race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristics, status as a disabled veteran, or disabled veteran of the Vietnam era.
To view the UEC Affirmative Action Program, please contact UEC Human Resources at (909) 537-7589 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB (UEC) is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access UEC's career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling UEC's Human Resources Manager at 909-537-7589.
EEO AA Policy Statement
Employment of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend