About University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB
(This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the university's educational mission by providing quality services that complement the instructional program. The University depends upon UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds. We’re responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and local funding for research and sponsored projects.
Temporary, part time, benefited position through June 30, 2024 (Appointment may be renewed annually based upon availability of funds, availability of work and satisfactory job performance).
Salary: $26.00-$32.00 per hour.
Location: Palm Desert
20 hours per week. Schedule to be arranged, but typically, Monday-Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm though some nights, weekend work may be required.
First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled.
Under minimal supervision of the School of Social Work Director, the Outreach Specialist will work independently to:
- Lead recruitment, advising, and retention of PDC MSW students on PDC campus and in the Coachella Valley
- Plan, coordinate, implement, and advertise PDC MSW Information Sessions
- Host up to 10 Zoom drop-in events for interested applicants; includes outreach for event, facilitation, and follow up.
- Disseminate resources to faculty, staff, and community partners
- Represent PDC MSW program at graduate fairs on and off campus
- Coordinate speaking opportunities to recruit potential MSW candidates (including clubs, classrooms, BASW meetings)
- Develop and disseminate outreach materials to students, faculty, university and community partners.
- Respond to inquiries about PDC MSW program.
- Assist students/counselors with applications
- Maintain School website and social/traditional media with PDC MSW materials.
- Screen and review applications, conduct prerequisite checks, and manage admissions process for PDC MSW students.
- Assist with orientation and onboarding of PDC MSW students.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field.
- Experience: 1 year experience in Social Work or related field.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse student, campus, and community populations.
- Possess a valid California driver’s license, use of a vehicle for work, car insurance and the ability to work remotely.
- Master's Degree in Social Work
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Cash option
- CalPERS Retirement and CalPers 457
- Group Term Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Holidays & Personal Holiday
- Vacation and Sick pay accruals
- Educational Assistance Benefit is based on availability of funding.
- Workers' Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, State Disability Insurance
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is committed to a diverse workforce and affirmative action, and is an equal opportunity employer. UEC maintains and promotes a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment on the basis of race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristics, status as a disabled veteran, or disabled veteran of the Vietnam era.
To view the UEC Affirmative Action Program, please contact UEC Human Resources at (909) 537-7589 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB (UEC) is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access UEC's career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling UEC's Human Resources Manager at 909-537-7589.
EEO AA Policy Statement
Employment of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment.