About University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB
(This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the university's educational mission by providing quality services that complement the instructional program. The University depends upon UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds. We’re responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and local funding for research and sponsored projects.
Temporary, Full Time “non-exempt”, Benefited position through 6/30/2024 (Appointment may be renewed annually based upon availability of funds, availability of work and satisfactory job performance).
Salary: $3,800 - $4,250 per month.
Location: Palm Desert.
The College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP) is a federal program funded by the U.S. Department of Education under the Office of Migrant Education. CAMP assists students who are migratory or seasonal farmworkers (or children of such workers) enrolled in their first year of undergraduate studies at an institution of higher education. CSUSB CAMP offers students pre-college transition and first-year support services to help develop the skills needed to complete their first academic year, re-enroll into their second academic year, and subsequently, successfully graduate from CSUSB.
The High School Equivalency Program (HEP) helps migratory and seasonal farmworkers (or
children of such workers) who are 16 years of age or older and not currently enrolled in school to
obtain the equivalent of a high school diploma and, subsequently, to gain employment or begin
postsecondary education or training.
40 hours per week. Schedule to be arranged, but typically, Monday-Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm though some nights, weekend work may be required.
First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled.
Under minimal supervision of the Director of CAMP & HEP, the Outreach and Enrollment Specialist will work independently to:
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects of outreach and recruitment to inform students and community partners of the services CAMP and HEP offer. Partners include, but are not limited to, Migrant Education Program, K-12 schools, farmworkers associations, workforce, and parents, counselors, and campus wide departments, and professional organizations.
- Assisting potential participants with CSUSB CAMP Program Application, CSUSB admissions application, FAFSA application and all other CSUSB pre-determined deadlines to meet grant recruitment target to serve 50 CAMP Scholars annually.
- Assisting potential participants with CSUSB HEP Program Application, testing registrations, childcare enrollment, etc. to meet grant recruitment target to serve 75 HEP Scholars annually.
- Ensure that CAMP and HEP are highly publicized throughout the region.
- Support the development and updates of a dynamic website and social media platforms in community, institution, and other related events to publicize and recruit potential CAMP Participation in community, institution, and other related events to publicize and recruit potential CAMP and HEP scholars.
- Support and collaborate with CAMP and HEP staff to execute program events that are sponsored by the programs.
- Ensure that all application and enrollment data is kept up to date and recorded in the student data management system.
- Participate in staff, department, and division meetings.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree Required.
- Minimum of three year of experience in pre-college, or other outreach programs.
- Experience understanding and interpreting the needs of economically disadvantaged, first -generation and ethnically diverse/multicultural student groups is required.
- Knowledge of CSU university admission regulations and procedures. Including, but not limited to ability to interpret CSU A-G subject requirements, interpret high school/college transcripts, calculate grade point averages, and understand university admissions test
- Experience conducting outreach/recruitment and admission presentations and workshops at a college/university or similar setting is highly preferred.
California driver’s license and proof of insurance.
Bilingual in both English and Spanish and possess strong communication and presenting skills in both
languages is required.
Must possess strong knowledge of office procedures, methods, and practices and be detail oriented.
Possess strong computer skills (Access Database, PPT, Outlook, MS Word, and Excel).
Demonstrate the ability to write concise and well-written case notes, reports, summaries.
Must foster a positive team environment.
Ability to work with people with different workstyles to accomplish tasks and function well under pressure is essential.
High degree of initiative and ability to work without constant supervision is required.
Must be able to anticipate and adapt quickly to program and student needs to fulfill program objectives.
Ability to multitask and produce high-quality results in a high-paced work environment is required.
Some travel, evening and weekend work is required.
- CAMP/HEP Experience Preferred
- Experience working with migrant youth is highly desirable.
- Prior experience in providing academic advising and coaching.
- Personal experience overcoming barriers similar to those of the participants served by the CAMP Program is highly desired.
- Experience in assisting high school students with CSU application process is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the financial aid application (FAFSA) process and CSUSN financial aid award process is highly desirable.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Cash option
- CalPERS Retirement and CalPers 457
- Group Term Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Holidays & Personal Holiday
- Vacation and Sick pay accruals
- Educational Assistance Benefit is based on availability of funding.
- Workers' Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, State Disability Insurance
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is committed to a diverse workforce and affirmative action, and is an equal opportunity employer. UEC maintains and promotes a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment on the basis of race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristics, status as a disabled veteran, or disabled veteran of the Vietnam era.
To view the UEC Affirmative Action Program, please contact UEC Human Resources at (909) 537-7589 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB (UEC) is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access UEC's career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling UEC's Human Resources Manager at 909-537-7589.
EEO AA Policy Statement
Employment of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment.