About University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB
(This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the university's educational mission by providing quality services that complement the instructional program. The University depends upon UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds. We’re responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and local funding for research and sponsored projects.
Temporary, full time non-exempt, benefited position through May 31, 2024 (Appointment may be renewed annually based upon availability of funds, availability of work and satisfactory job performance).
Location: San Bernardino, CA
Upward Bound at CSUSB empowers students, families, and communities to become self sufficient through innovative and transformative experiences. The Upward Bound Program is a federally funded TRIO program that provides fundamental support to participants
in their preparation for college entrance. The program provides opportunities for participants to succeed in their precollege performance and, ultimately, their higher education pursuits. Upward Bound serves high school students from six target schools from low income families and high school students from families where neither parent holds a bachelor's degree. Upward Bound aims to increase the rate of participants completing secondary education and enrolling in and graduating from postsecondary education institutions.
40 hours per week. Schedule to be arranged, but typically, Monday-Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm though some nights, weekend work may be required.
First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled.
Under the general supervision of the Director and Associate Director (AD) of the Upward Bound Program, the Program Administrative Coordinator (PAC) will provide coordination, administrative and general budget/financial management support to the Upward Bound Program.
General Administrative Support:
- Maintain and arrange appointment schedules and monitor the calendar of the Director and Associate Director (AD), including scheduling meetings for (and with) the Director and Associate Director, as requested.
- Coordinate and organize the annual staff retreat (including preparing the agenda, ordering the necessary supplies, ordering catering, and working with the Office of Precollege Programs budget analyst on invoices and payment requests.
- Send meeting invites to all staff and other meetings, as needed.
- Take minutes/notes, prepare agendas, and maintain agendas for program meetings, as the AD and Director requested.
- Coordinate travel and logistics for all program staff.
- Administratively support room reservations in EMS and other logistics for program events/activities.
- In collaboration with the Director/ AD or program staff, coordinate logistics for student assistant schedules, as needed.
- Administratively support hiring Student Assistants, including posting positions in Handshake, collecting applications, scheduling interviews, and completing necessary student employment and FWS paperwork, with guidance from the AD and Director, as needed.
- Track hours worked, timesheets, and other required metrics for tracking student assistants.
- Administratively coordinate search committee needs when chaired by the Director or AD.
- Submit TNS and office work orders, as needed, and communicate with Facilities regarding the work orders (office temperature adjustments, air quality, broken items, mounting signage, and other general office maintenance needs)
- Coordinate the process and track technological devices checked out by program staff and student assistants.
- Assist with onboarding new staff members in accordance with the program Onboarding Manual and as directed by the Director/AD.
- Work in collaboration with program staff to schedule rooms for events and workshops, order catering, coordinate travel for students or other staff, distribute marketing materials, attend program events, coordinate tabling, etc.
Front Desk Coordination:
- Lead student assistants are scheduled to support the front desk with reception duties and other general office support needs.
- Coordinate the greeting of incoming guests to the Program office by providing a warm and friendly environment and leading students scheduled to support the front desk area.
- Coordinate maintaining and upkeep of the main office and keeping a professional-looking reception area.
- Coordinate the answering of telephone extensions, message recording, and triaging and forwarding calls and emails to appropriate staff and departments, as needed.
- Coordinate the response to emails daily and prepare appropriate email responses as needed.
- Respond to general program inquiries, events, or triage if the answer is unknown. Route calls to appropriate staff members.
- Train program student assistants in phone etiquette, outlook calendar usage, and front desk customer service, as needed.
- Train program student assistants in triaging and forwarding information on to the correct program staff member.
- Manage the program Handshake account.
- Manage the ordering and inventory of program supplies.
- Manage and maintain a system of organization for program office supplies and materials.
- Coordinate the sorting and distribution of daily mail.
- Oversee hallway and office bulletin boards and display boards in Program locations.
- Collaborate with staff to ensure that program materials and resources are up to date and organized.
General Budget and Financial Management Support:
- Responsible for tracking the usage and reconciling the expenses of the Corporate Cards assigned to the Director and AD.
- Prepares and submits all requests for check disbursements.
- Prepares travel arrangements, travel advances, and travel expense reports.
- In collaboration with the Office of Precollege Programs budget manager, assists in developing the annual program budget.
- In collaboration with the Office of Precollege Programs budget manager, monitors the program budget, develops budget projections, and tracks program spending.
- Work with the OPP budget manager to complete cost transfer forms, paperwork (including Concur), purchase requisitions in PeopleSoft Financials, and run data warehouse financial reports.
- Assist the Director/AD with completing Personal Transaction Reports (PTR), timesheets, and time and effort reports.
- Adhere to UEC, CSU, funding agency, and program policies.
Other Duties as Assigned:
- Contribute to the overall success of the Upward Bound Program by performing other duties as assigned.
- Education: Associate Degree or its equivalent
- Experience: Three years of progressively responsible experience in general office administration or the equivalent.
Experience to be fully functional in all technical aspects of work assignments.
Ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures.
Thorough, detailed knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
Thorough knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
Ability to clearly communicate orally and in writing.
Ability to use and quickly learn new office support technology systems and so ware packages.
Ability to independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects.
Ability to apply independently a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist.
Working knowledge of general budget policies, practices, and procedures.
Ability to perform standard business math, such as calculating ratios and percentages, tracking financial data, and making simple projections.
Ability to draft and compose correspondence and standard reports.
Ability to effectively handle a broader range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive and/or confidential.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Previous experience working with TRIO or like programs.
- Previous experience providing administrative support to a large unit with multiple employees.
- Knowledge of Handshake CSM, PeopleSoft, and administrative systems.
- Ability to select and use appropriate technology to accomplish a given task.
- Knowledge of mandated reporter expectations
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Cash option
- CalPERS Retirement and CalPers 457
- Group Term Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Holidays & Personal Holiday
- Vacation and Sick pay accruals
- Educational Assistance Benefit is based on availability of funding.
- Workers' Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, State Disability Insurance
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is committed to a diverse workforce and affirmative action, and is an equal opportunity employer. UEC maintains and promotes a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment on the basis of race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristics, status as a disabled veteran, or disabled veteran of the Vietnam era.
To view the UEC Affirmative Action Program, please contact UEC Human Resources at (909) 537-7589 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB (UEC) is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access UEC's career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling UEC's Human Resources Manager at 909-537-7589.
EEO AA Policy Statement
Employment of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment.