Call Center Representative/IESBDC (UEC)
Job no: 529140
Work type: Auxiliary
Location: San Bernardino - San Bernardino Campus
Categories: Excluded, Administrative, At-Will, Part Time, Marketing/Communications, On-site (work in-person at business location)
About University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB
(This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the university's educational mission by providing quality services that complement the instructional program. The University depends upon UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds. We’re responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and local funding for research and sponsored projects.
Temporary, part time, non-benefited position through 2023 (Appointment may be renewed annually based upon availability of funds, availability of work and satisfactory job performance).
Location: Temecula, CA
Salary: $15.50-$18.00 per hour
The Inland Empire Small Business Development Center is a federal program partially funded by the U.S. Small Business Administration & the California Governor’s Office of Business & Economic Development. The SBDC is hosted by CSU, San Bernadino, University Enterprises Corporation. The purpose of this grant is to provide no-cost technical assistance to entrepreneurs and small business owners in the Riverside and San Bernardino County.
Up to 19 hours per week. Schedule to be arranged, but typically, Monday-Friday within the hours of 8:00AM to 5:00PM though some nights, weekend work may be required.
First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled.
- Maintain MIS and EDMIS System and act as technical support for Centers
- Respond swiftly and courteously to all potential customer phone inquiries
- Conducting inbound and outbound customer service calls
- Communicate effectively, in writing, verbally, and via telephone, with all levels of personnel and clients
- Fulfills requests by clarifying desired information, scheduling appointments, and forwarding other service requests.
- Documenting details of all calls and customer interactions
- Rescheduling or canceling meetings in a timeous manner.
- Collaborate with the intake manager and other team members to improve customer service and handle high call volumes
- Collect pertinent information from clients such as addresses, phone numbers, business status information and demographics
- Responds to 30-50 calls per day
- Educate clients on programs and other service offerings
- Managing multiple systems and programs simultaneously
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma
- 1 Year General Office Experience
- Good written and oral communication
- Ability to learn new program and service offerings quickly and discuss options and features in detail
- Ability to independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects
- Ability to troubleshoot most office administration problems and respond to all inquiries and requests related to work area.
- Bilingual/Spanish is a plus
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is committed to a diverse workforce and affirmative action, and is an equal opportunity employer. UEC maintains and promotes a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment on the basis of race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristics, status as a disabled veteran, or disabled veteran of the Vietnam era.
To view the UEC Affirmative Action Program, please contact UEC Human Resources at (909) 537-7589 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB (UEC) is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access UEC's career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling UEC's Human Resources Manager at 909-537-7589.
EEO AA Policy Statement
Employment of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend