California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually. CSUSB reflects the dynamic diversity of the region and has the most diverse student population of any university in the Inland Empire. Seventy percent of those who graduate are the first in their families to do so.
At CSUSB, you can:
- Build your future
- Work with the best
- Be your authentic self
- Focus on you
- Make a lasting impact
- Work for a purpose that is greater than your own
- Bring everything you are, become everything you want
The College of Natural Sciences consists of nine departments and prepares students for science and health-related jobs in the public or private sector, a career in teaching, a graduate or professional education. The departments are well equipped with modern computers and scientific instrumentation. The School of Computer Science and Engineering educates students in the disciplines of computer science and computer engineering and teaches the development of software using current technology. The Department of Mathematics offers a variety of degrees and emphases designed to provide several blends of mathematics and specialties to the student.
Under general supervision of the Chair of the Mathematics Department and the Director of the School of Computer Science and Engineering,
- The incumbent will be responsible for end-user consultation and will function as the lab consultant and coordinator for the Departments of Computer Science and Engineering and Mathematics.
- The incumbent will work collaboratively with other technical staff and provide support and innovative approaches for providing technologies to students, staff, and faculty.
- The incumbent will provide planning, implementation, and management of various operating systems, network platforms, and internet-related protocols.
- The incumbent will assist faculty in integrating information technology into their curricula and participate in software development in support of the College’s information technology requirements.
- The incumbent will be working with Linux server/desktop (primary), Windows/MacOS desktop/laptop and tablet/mobile devices (iOS/Android), Red Hat/Debian-based Linux distro, Hypervisor (VMWare vSphere, MS Azure, KVM), Windows OS, Mac OS X, Virtual desktop (VirtualBox, Horizon VDI); MS Office, Office365; Maple; MatLab; gimp, UDK, other gaming development tools; UML tools; ISE WebPack, FPGA board, other Engineering related hardware and software; various protocols (LDAP, NIS, NFS, SAMBA, Active Directory, ZFS, etc); automation platform (ansible, AWX), docker container, SCCM, database (Oracle, MySQL) and other technologies and tools are required.
- The incumbent will assist in performing regular inspections and problem identification in classroom technology systems, will document issues and solutions, and will assist with special events and presentations.
- The incumbent will also help maintain equipment and systems, attend required trainings, maintain department websites, maintain and share work documentations, and perform other duties as assigned.
- Other duties may include helping the College (CNS) and CSUSB with its technology needs as needed.
Employment Status: Full-time, probationary "exempt" position (with the possibility of converting to permanent)
*The initial review of applications will begin on May 12, 2021.
- Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
- The applicant must have working knowledge of system and network administration including Unix/Linux, TCP/IP, NIS, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, NFS, SAMBA, ZFS, and other related protocols.
- Applicants should have working knowledge of software development, general software engineering principles and scripting languages.
- A working knowledge of virtual server and desktop is required.
- The ability to organize assignments and meet deadlines is required, as is the ability to work cooperatively with a diverse group of people.
- The applicant must have good interpersonal and communication skills, and excellent customer service skills.
Education and Experience
- Applicants must have the equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or relate fields, or similar certified coursework in applicable fields of study.
- A minimum of two (2) years of related experience.
- Knowledge of server hardware, clustered servers, and RAID configurations is preferred along with knowledge of installation and maintenance procedures.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,372.00 - $5,622.00 per month
Classification Salary Range: $4,372.00 - $10,792.00 per month
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. In our commitment to diversity, we welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. Our commitment to work toward an environment that values diversity requires that we create, promote, and maintain activities and programs which further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values which discourage intolerance and discrimination.
The concept and dimensions of diversity are to be advanced and incorporated into every aspect of university activity, including student life, the curriculum, teaching, programs, staffing, personnel training practices, research, community services, events, and all other areas of university endeavor.
Dimensions of diversity shall include, but are not limited to, the following: race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, gender expression, ability, socioeconomic status, cultural orientation, national origin, and age.
The implementation of the Commitment to Diversity will rest with the university as a whole. The president, in addition to a personal commitment and involvement, may use the University Diversity Committee, campus administrators, faculty, staff, and students as well as other members of the campus community to implement effectively the philosophy and intent of this statement.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)