California State University, San Bernardino is a preeminent center of intellectual and cultural activity in Inland Southern California. Opened in 1965 and set at the foothills of the beautiful San Bernardino Mountains, the university serves more than 20,000 students each year and graduates about 4,000 students annually. CSUSB reflects the dynamic diversity of the region and has the most diverse student population of any university in the Inland Empire. Seventy percent of those who graduate are the first in their families to do so.
At CSUSB, you can:
• Build your future
• Work with the best
• Be your authentic self
• Focus on you
• Make a lasting impact
• Work for a purpose that is greater than your own
• Bring everything you are, become everything you want
The Career Center offers premier programs and services at our San Bernardino campus, located in the foothills of San Bernardino, and our Palm Desert campus located in the Coachella Valley. We empower students and alumni to develop a lifelong skillset for an ever-changing labor market through exploration, programming, and experiential learning opportunities to meet their personal and professional goals. We partner with local and national industry leaders to offer specialized programming, distinctive resources, and tailored events for over 20,000 current students as well as countless alumni across the Inland Empire and beyond.
Under the general direction of the Executive Director of the Career Center, the Administrative Support Coordinator 1 (ASC 1) will be offering administrative support to the career center and its many projects, including the new partnership with Google.
- Provide direct administrative support to the Career Center as needed (i.e., staff meeting minutes and general reception duties).
- Respond to career center emails and career bot inquiries related to career services, career resources, and programs.
- Promote Career center materials via Handshake and other social media.
- Perform research on employers that do not provide enough information for the Career Center to make an informed decision about the posting’s legitimacy.
- Update the website with general information on programs, advising, and internships as needed.
- Process paperwork for programs and awards offered by career center programs and be able to use the assistance of organizational administrative systems such as Qualtrics, Handshake, and Peoplesoft.
- Communicate, organize and review application materials from student candidates who are applying for programs and awards offered within the career center.
- Compose standard reports using Excel and other software/applications.
- Collect and present program and advising data.
- Create, distribute, and collect student surveys.
- Manage the front desk check-in processes, and follow up on appointments made by students.
- Create and update reference guides for students.
- Coordinate conference logistics, for Career Center staff and students attending, for example, HACU.
Employment Status: Full-time, Non-Exempt, Probationary with the possibility of converting to permanent.
Application Review Deadline: This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning December 13, 2021.
Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, weekends and evenings may be required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently in a fast-paced organization with competing priorities and distractions.
- Ability to use high-level discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality in handling problems of a sensitive nature and security of confidential records.
- Demonstrated proficiency and ability to effectively use common computer and technology programs and related computer software packages (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, etc.) in the course of assigned duties.
- Experience to be fully functional in all technical aspects of work assignments.
- Thorough, detailed knowledge of applicable university infrastructure, policies, and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Thorough knowledge of office systems and ability to use a broader range of technology, systems, and packages.
- Ability to independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects.
- Ability to apply independently a wide variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist.
- Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures.
- Ability to perform standard business math, such as calculate ratios and percentages, track financial data, and make simple projections.
- Ability to draft and compose correspondence and standard reports.
- Ability to handle effectively a broader range of interpersonal contacts, including those at a higher level and those sensitive in nature.
Education and Experience
High School diploma or its equivalent AND three years of progressively responsible experience in general office clerical or secretarial work or the equivalent.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,064 per month
Classification Salary Range: $3,064 - $5,148 per month
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. In our commitment to diversity, we welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. Our commitment to work toward an environment that values diversity requires that we create, promote, and maintain activities and programs that further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values that discourage intolerance and discrimination.
The concept and dimensions of diversity are to be advanced and incorporated into every aspect of university activity, including student life, the curriculum, teaching, programs, staffing, personnel training practices, research, community services, events, and all other areas of university endeavor.
Dimensions of diversity shall include but are not limited to, the following: race, ethnicity, religious belief, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, gender expression, ability, socioeconomic status, cultural orientation, national origin, and age.
The implementation of the Commitment to Diversity will rest with the university as a whole. The president, in addition to a personal commitment and involvement, may use the University Diversity Committee, campus administrators, faculty, staff, and students as well as other members of the campus community to implement effectively the philosophy and intent of this statement.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or the continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements outlined in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status.
This position may be "Designated" under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: http://hrd.csusb.edu/conflictInterest.html
This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)