About University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB
(This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the university's educational mission by providing quality services that complement the instructional program. The University depends upon UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds. We’re responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and local funding for research and sponsored projects.
Full-time (40 hours per week) "non-exempt" benefited position through June 30, 2023 (with the possibility of a one-year renewable appointment based on availability of work, availability of funds and satisfactory job performance).
Salary: $3,986-$6,000 per month
Location: San Bernardino, CA
Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Incumbent must be able to participate in remote or on campus work depending on the directives from the CSUSB campus and consistent with the CSUB remote work policy.
First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning 12/02/2022.
Typical duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
The Budget Analyst (BA) will apply independent judgement and expertise to perform timely, compliant, post award administration to multiple moderately complex grants and contracts in accordance with sponsor specific regulations and institutional policies. This position will have direct responsibility and accountability for work results.
- Will be a point of contact, for ICDFR Directors and project PIs/PDs, related to all post-award issues and policy and procedural matters to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and funding terms and conditions.
- Perform work in situations where numerous demands are involved and will determine approaches to project management and prioritize and manage an assigned workload of projects.
- Utilize analytical skills to perform analysis and evaluation related to grants and contracts fund management to include, fiscal and budget analysis, financial management, accounting, compliance, and problem solving.
- Utilize knowledge of agency regulations and institutional policies to manage, review and authorize various transactions, expenditure documents, travel claims/advances, and contracts.
- Conduct account analysis, budget variance analysis, review of financial statements, queries of expenditure transactions, and encumbrances to identify and resolve problems.
- Compile all required supporting documentation, certifications, and approvals to develop and issue project related external subawards and subcontracts.
- Prepare budget adjustments or modifications and cost transfers, journal entries and generate requests to funding agency for approval and/or for processing in PeopleSoft.
- Provide financial administration and oversight of assigned projects in accordance with institutional policies and processes and funding agency terms and conditions from notice of award to closeout.
- Generate and analyze financial statements, queries, and drilldowns.
- Provide advice and guidance to the ICDFR Directors, project PIs/PDs, and project staff for collection of acceptable documents needed to certify the cost sharing and effort reports, collect on a monthly/ quarterly basis, and meet with project staff as needed to follow up on collection of documents.
- Provide advice and guidance to ICDFR Directors, project PIs/PDs and project staff for collection of acceptable documents needed to certify the cost sharing and effort reports, collect on a monthly/ quarterly basis, and meet with project staff as needed to follow up on collection of documents.
- Analysis and review of expenditures to determine funds availability, adherence to budget, allowability, allocability, and compliance with agency and institutional regulations and policies to ascertain accurate and complete submission of supporting documentation.
- Approve and track contractor expenditure activity/invoices to ensure compliance with applicable contractual and regulatory commitments/obligations and deliverables.
- Monitor and track cost share commitments and effort certification for compliance, accuracy and timeliness.
- Processing invoices, requisitions, and travel for supervisors and coordinator(s), completing new hire forms, collecting and reviewing timesheets, and providing various budget reports on a regular basis.
- Oversee and conduct award close out in accordance with funding agency/institutional policies and record retention management to ensure contractual obligations and compliance requirements are met.
- Provide occasional general office support to ICDFR Directors and project PIs/PDs.
- Other duties as assigned
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of experience and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs. Experience in an academic, public entity, or non-profit research administration environment (post award) is desired.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Cash option
- CalPERS Retirement and CalPers 457
- Group Term Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Holidays & Personal Holiday
- Vacation and Sick pay accruals
- Educational Assistance Benefit is based on availability of funding.
- Workers' Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, State Disability Insurance
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is committed to a diverse workforce and affirmative action, and is an equal opportunity employer. UEC maintains and promotes a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment on the basis of race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristics, status as a disabled veteran, or disabled veteran of the Vietnam era.
To view the UEC Affirmative Action Program, please contact UEC Human Resources at (909) 537-7589 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB (UEC) is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access UEC's career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling UEC's Human Resources Manager at 909-537-7589.
EEO AA Policy Statement
Employment of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment.