About University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB
(This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the university's educational mission by providing quality services that complement the instructional program. The University depends upon UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds. We’re responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and local funding for research and sponsored projects.
Full time, “non-exempt”, benefited position.
Salary: $4,333.00-$4,916.00 per month
Location: San Bernardino, CA
40 hours per week. Schedule to be arranged, but typically, Monday-Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm though some nights, weekend work may be required. Incumbent must be able to participate in remote or on campus work depending on the directives from the CSUSB campus.
First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning 12/02/2022.
Under minimal supervision of the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant will work independently to:
- Perform diverse and complex administrative and clerical functions for the Executive Director
- Initiate special projects and reports, compose memos and letters, and assist the Executive Director in handling issues of a confidential and sensitive nature
- Coordinate, schedule, and assist in preparing materials for the Board of Directors' meetings and all subcommittee meetings of the Board
- Attend Board meetings, take, transcribe, copy and distribute Board minutes and interact closely with Board Members
- Maintain the Executive Director’s business calendar; independently schedule appointments, obtain and provide relevant information for scheduled appointments
- Maintain the Boardroom calendar and coordinate/schedule any administrative appointments as directed by the Executive Director
- Process legal documents for the Executive Office, ensuring review processes are followed, proper signatures are obtained, and original contract files are maintained
- Assist with the development of presentations to include general preparation, identifying resources, collateral and presentation materials, equipment needs, producing scripts and creating/reviewing Power Point slides
- Conserves Executive Director’s time by reading, researching and properly routing correspondence; drafting communications, marketing materials and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications
- Provide data analysis; assist with budget preparation; possess excellent skills in all Microsoft Office Suite and Power Point applications
- Evaluate policies to ensure they are in compliance with corporate rules, bylaws and mission
- Oversee contract agreements for office equipment, building maintenance/equipment, vendors and campus MOU’s; ensures operation of equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements; troubleshooting; calling for repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Make travel arrangements on behalf of the Executive Director
- Oversee Executive Director’s payment obligations (for events, memberships, travel reimbursements, purchases, office supplies, etc.)
- Provide historical reference by developing ad utilizing filing and retrieval systems and recording meeting discussions
- Monitor and assist with maintenance of UEC’s website
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks
- Liaise with internal staff at all levels
- May supervise one or more part-time and/or student administrative employees, setting priorities for completion of work
- May provide general Executive Office support for phones, mail and customer service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in business administration or related field proffered
- Experience: Three to five years experience in executive level support.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Cash option
- CalPERS Retirement and CalPers 457
- Group Term Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Holidays & Personal Holiday
- Vacation and Sick pay accruals
- Educational Assistance Benefit is based on availability of funding.
- Workers' Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, State Disability Insurance
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is committed to a diverse workforce and affirmative action, and is an equal opportunity employer. UEC maintains and promotes a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment on the basis of race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristics, status as a disabled veteran, or disabled veteran of the Vietnam era.
To view the UEC Affirmative Action Program, please contact UEC Human Resources at (909) 537-7589 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB (UEC) is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access UEC's career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling UEC's Human Resources Manager at 909-537-7589.
EEO AA Policy Statement
Employment of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment.