Under general direction, the Program Coordinator will provide program leadership for the Office of the Associate Vice President. The incumbent will perform the full range of work related to program and policy research, analysis, development, evaluation, and/or operational and fiscal analysis related to an administrative specialty. Work requires applying a theoretical knowledge base to develop recommendations and conclusions. Incumbent will serve as program administrator for assigned projects and areas of responsibilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the primary program specialist for major and complex strategic and efficiency improvement initiatives with a broad span of influence and often with significant campus-wide impact.
- Ability to multitask and oversee multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Experience and proven ability to provide effective change management strategy is strongly desired.
- Provide high-level budget and fiscal support for all units within finance and administrative services; monitor a consolidated budget with varied and complex funding sources, often requiring frequent interaction and liaison with various offices.
- Strong competency in fiscal management and ability to use campus Enterprise Systems to obtain necessary information is strongly desired.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and/or the equivalent training PLUS four years of work experience providing progressively responsible administrative, technical and analytical support in an environment of similar complexity.
- A thorough knowledge of a university infrastructure, policies, and procedures or in an organization with similar complexity is required.
- Proven ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures independently and to use judgment and discretion is required.
- Expertise in fiscal management and ability to use campus Enterprise Systems to obtain necessary information is strongly desired.
- Thorough mastery of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling is required along with the ability to effectively write and present reports, minutes, and other documents in a professional manner is required.
- Expertise in using office software, technology and systems including but limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PeopleSoft and other standardized office equipment is required.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously is required.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships and work effectively both independently and/or as part of a team is required.
- Skill in planning and performing research and participating in the development, alternation, implementation and evaluation of the organization's programs, policies, and procedures.
- Demonstrated skills in project leadership to represent the work on key projects within an organization.
- Additional experience which has demonstrated that the applicant has acquired and successfully applied the knowledge and abilities shown above may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
Compensation and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range: $5,022 - $6,000 per month
Classification Salary Range: $5,022 - $9,083 per month
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
Work status: Full-time/Exempt/Probationary
Schedule: Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, weekends and evenings may be required.
The application deadline is Tuesday, January 31, 2023.
Conditions of Employment
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
CSUSB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. See Form I-9 Acceptable Documents at https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who physically access campus facilities or programs to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes obtaining a COVID-19 booster dose, or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/11030468/latest.
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. We welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. We will create, promote, and maintain activities and programs that further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values that discourage intolerance and discrimination.
California State University, San Bernardino is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, caste, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, protected military or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096) For more information about Diversity & Inclusion at CSUSB, please visit https://www.csusb.edu/human-resources/diversity-inclusion
We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact the ADA Coordinator by email at email@example.com
CSUSB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/6591951/latest/.
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State San Bernardino Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://www.csusb.edu/clery-act