About University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB
(This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the university's educational mission by providing quality services that complement the instructional program. The University depends upon UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds. We’re responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and local funding for research and sponsored projects.
Temporary, full time “non-exempt”, benefited position through 2024 (Appointment may be renewed annually based upon availability of funds, availability of work and satisfactory job performance).
Salary: $4,610.00 per month
Location: San Bernardino
The Department of Admissions and Student Recruitment is a dynamic and comprehensive unit that fosters diversity and is driven to shape the future of education. As a unit within Enrollment Management, our mission is to serve the CSUSB community to support student transition from prospect to alumni. We strive for an environment of success for our students and staff. As part of the Coyote Community, the office of Admissions and Student Recruitment works collaboratively with vital stakeholders both on and off campus to ensure that our work remains in alignment with our vision which is being an agent of change by providing access to higher education at CSUSB.
40 hours per week. Schedule to be arranged, but typically, Monday-Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm though some nights, weekend work may be required.
First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled.
Serve as a liaison between staff, school sites, and leadership
- Recruit and retain program participants
- Assist with the development and implementation of a peer-mentoring program.
- Communicate with school counselors, administration, and other support personnel to outreach and connect with the transfer population
- Develop and implement programming efforts and materials to support student transition to college, with the goal of enhancing skills and behaviors that facilitate academic success
- Develop and implement a student communication plan that aligns with university policies, deadlines, events, and specific supports needed at certain times in the semester.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related area
- Experience: Two years of professional experience in areas related to student services programs or in a related field, preferably in Admissions and Recruitment, including experience in maintaining academic records, applying complex rules to daily work, analyzing academic qualifications and granting appropriate credit, and advising prospective students on fulfilling admissions requirements. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Experience with CRM system.
- Ability to execute and meet specific terms and conditions of grant objectives
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal) with individuals/groups
- Must be detail-oriented with strong organizational and programming skills
- Effectively use software applications such as Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite/Apps (Docs, Sheets, Drive), video conferencing software (Zoom), DocuSign, OnBase, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural diversity and commitment to equity
- Ability to advise students individually or in groups on routine matters, and general knowledge of principles of individual and group behavior
- Understanding of the CSU admission requirements for the Transfer student population
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with key stakeholders and members of the CSUSB community
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Cash option
- CalPERS Retirement and CalPers 457
- Group Term Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Holidays & Personal Holiday
- Vacation and Sick pay accruals
- Educational Assistance Benefit is based on availability of funding.
- Workers' Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, State Disability Insurance
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is committed to a diverse workforce and affirmative action, and is an equal opportunity employer. UEC maintains and promotes a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment on the basis of race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristics, status as a disabled veteran, or disabled veteran of the Vietnam era.
To view the UEC Affirmative Action Program, please contact UEC Human Resources at (909) 537-7589 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB (UEC) is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access UEC's career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling UEC's Human Resources Manager at 909-537-7589.
EEO AA Policy Statement
Employment of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment.