Under general supervision of the Executive Director for Human Resources (HR) and direction from the Customer Service Lead and Assistant to the Executive Director of HR, incumbent will coordinate special projects for the HR Division and the day-to-day operations of the HR Customer and Operational Support department.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Perform front office operations and liaise with all external partners to maintain working relationships with university administration, faculty and staff, distinguished alumni, and others.
- Prepare and verify new hire paperwork for staff, unit 11 and unit 3 employees. Create copies for Payroll processing and personnel files.
- Screen calls, emails, in-person visitors to appropriate HR Departments, assist and answer general HR inquiries.
- Communicate with clients via verbal, written and electronic correspondence (Le. answering phones, sending emails, respond to department inquiries etc.)
- Distributes office documents and collect requested data and materials as needed. Process mail and submit work orders.
- Support the Directors on special projects as required.
- Coordinates Human Resources Projects.
- Human Resources Website Updates.
- Tracker I9 Project.
- Documentation of HR policies and procedures updates.
- Transition to electronic personnel files.
- Assist HR unit leaders with standardization and documentation of policies and procedures.
- Establish a deadline and monitor the progress of the project.
- Supports and coordinate HR Monthly Communications.
- Monthly Newsletter.
- Monthly HR Reports.
- Coordinate planning of events.
- Design, print and assemble materials as needed.
- Create surveys, compile, and analyze data and create reports with recommendations to evaluate the effectiveness of HR programs.
- Run queries/reports, coordinate with departments, and follow up as needed.
- High School diploma or its equivalent
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in general office clerical or secretarial work or the equivalent.
- Demonstrated ability to manage confidential information; exercise good judgment and take initiative as needed; possess excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, research, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to effectively work with a team.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in the handling and security of confidential records.
- Working knowledge of applicable state and federal employment and education laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in ability to effectively use common computer and technology programs and related computer software packages (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, etc.) in the course of assigned duties.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or human resources.
- CSU Human Resources experience.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- PeopleSoft experience.
Compensation and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,638 - $4,964 per month
Classification Salary Range: $3,681 - $6,034 per month
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
Work status: Full-time/Non-Exempt/Probationary
Academic year schedule: Monday through Friday (8:00 am – 5:00 pm), some evenings/weekends.
Summer schedule: Monday through Thursday (7:00 am - 5:30 pm), some evenings/weekends.
The application deadline is: May 28, 2023
This is an 'On-Campus Only' Recruitment. Qualified applicants must be current employees of CSUSB.
Conditions of Employment
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Drivers License Check
Possession of a valid Driver's License is required. Employees in this position will be enrolled in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Government Employer Pull Notice Program which confirms possession of a valid driver's license and reflects driving record.
CSUSB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. See Form I-9 Acceptable Documents at https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents.
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. We welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. We will create, promote, and maintain activities and programs that further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values that discourage intolerance and discrimination.
California State University, San Bernardino is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, caste, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, protected military or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096) For more information about Diversity & Inclusion at CSUSB, please visit https://www.csusb.edu/human-resources/diversity-inclusion
We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact Nora Jean Fernandez, ADA Manager at Nora.Fernandez@csusb.edu
CSUSB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/6591951/latest/.
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State San Bernardino Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://www.csusb.edu/clery-act