About University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB
(This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the university's educational mission by providing quality services that complement the instructional program. The University depends upon UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds. We’re responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and local funding for research and sponsored projects.
Temporary, full time “non-exempt”, benefited position through 12/31/2023 (Appointment may be renewed annually based upon availability of funds, availability of work and satisfactory job performance).
Salary: $2,686.00-$4,247.00 per month
Location: San Bernardino
Cal State San Bernardino Reentry Initiative (CSRI), is an education-based comprehensive program that offers services to parolees returning to the Inland Empire. vCSRI, offers those services to parolees virtually. Staff will work out of the CSRI San Bernardino office, providing services to parolees in a remote setting (Zoom, phone, etc.). With a wide variety of offerings, CSRI addresses each parolee’s criminogenic needs, aiming to increase community safety, break the cycle of incarceration, and reduce the risk of individuals reoffending.
40 hours per week. Schedule to be arranged, but typically, Monday-Friday from 8:45 am - 5:15 pm though some nights, weekend work may be required.
First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled.
Under the general supervision of the Center Manager, the primary duty is to monitor and safeguard against any theft and/or violence in the Day Reporting Center and during virtual programming, and provide employment services to participants.
- Security will assist clients with becoming more positive, productive, prosocial members in the community by monitoring clients’ compliance with program rules.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records, documents, and outside correspondence according to agency specifications.
- Will manage time and organize work demands appropriately, prepare final reports per program guidelines and submit to referral source, as well as meet deadlines established by Supervisor and/or Administration.
- Conduct weekly inspection of security systems to ensure proper functioning.
- They must complete appropriate release of information forms as required for making a referral and/or releasing information.
- Security will assist other staff as necessary with employment services for parolees, such as job search and resume preparation for program participants.
- The candidate will perform all other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma
- Experience: 6 months
- Other: Guard Card. Self-starter, excellent oral and written communication, maintain cooperative working relationships, handle confidential and sensitive information, and proficiency in using standard office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint and other IT-based resources.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Cash option
- CalPERS Retirement and CalPers 457
- Group Term Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Holidays & Personal Holiday
- Vacation and Sick pay accruals
- Educational Assistance Benefit is based on availability of funding.
- Workers' Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, State Disability Insurance
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is committed to a diverse workforce and affirmative action, and is an equal opportunity employer. UEC maintains and promotes a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment on the basis of race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristics, status as a disabled veteran, or disabled veteran of the Vietnam era.
To view the UEC Affirmative Action Program, please contact UEC Human Resources at (909) 537-7589 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB (UEC) is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access UEC's career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling UEC's Human Resources Manager at 909-537-7589.
EEO AA Policy Statement
Employment of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment.