About University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB
(This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the university's educational mission by providing quality services that complement the instructional program. The University depends upon UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds. We’re responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and local funding for research and sponsored projects.
Temporary, full time, “non-exempt”, benefited position through December 2025. (Appointment may be renewed annually based upon availability of funds, availability of work and satisfactory job performance).
Salary Range: $3813.26-$4,167 per month
Location: San Bernardino, CA
CREST II is funded by a five-year grant from the National Science Foundation to support research at CSUSB and partner sites (community colleges, other Universities and government lab). The Project Coordinator works closely with the PI, as well as with at least 6 other faculty members, student researchers, UEC personnel and college staff, and external partners, to facilitate execution of the project, including internal and external reporting requirements, budget monitoring and expenditures, selection of students, financial support for students, travel arrangements (students and faculty), event management, and other duties. Multiple parallel tasks and projects are ongoing simultaneously.
40 hours per week. Schedule to be arranged, but typically, Monday-Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm though some nights, weekend work may be required.
First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning October 20, 2021.
Under minimal supervision of the Principal Investigator, the Program Coordinator will work independently to:
- Assist the PI and project team in collecting and organizing all project related documents and data, including keeping records of all student researchers interning at CSUSB and partner campuses (NASA Armstrong, UNL, UB, CPP, NIST as well as community colleges SBVC, VVC, COD); upload data to CRESTweb regularly.
- Facilitate communication between evaluator, students & faculty on multiple campuses, and members of the project teams.
- Facilitate communication and budgetary transfers between CSUSB and partner institutions.
- Arrange meetings/events for the CREST team including student/faculty research meeting and symposia, advisory board meetings, etc. including monitoring attendance, arranging rooms, ordering food, facilitating parking, and facilitating Zoom videoconferencing as needed.
- Assist the project team in recruiting student interns, including advertising and processing applications: sharing with on and off campus reviewers, gathering input for final appointments
- Work with UEC Research Analysts and Office of Financial Aid representatives, to make sure student stipends are awarded.
- Assist project team in compiling project reports for the project evaluation and annual reporting, including assistance with submitting IRB information into CAYUSE.
- Monitor grant expenditures and budget using PeopleSoft, including overseeing disbursement and record keeping for sub-awards to partners; creating purchase orders or using ProCard for local project supplies, including meeting hazardous materials record requirements; monitoring expenditures including assigned time and faculty summer pay; ensuring that appropriate reimbursement occurs for routine items used by project faculty in participating departments
- Work with UEC to ensure appointment/payment for vendors and personnel.
- Assist the project team in communication, including working with the College Office and Strategic Communication for press releases, maintaining project webpage and social media.
- Make travel arrangements, enter travel authorizations and process expenses through CONCUR
- Work with students to make sure travel for summer research and conference presentations, summer dorm accommodations, and other arrangements are properly taken care of.
- Assist team members when preparing applications for supplemental or additional funding.
- Assist team members, and work with departmental support staff in developing and implementing an MS program in Materials Science
- Other duties as requested or approved by PI, related to CREST/CAFM operation
Education: Applicant must have at least baccalaureate degree
Experience: A minimum of four years of experience in an office/administrative environment
Additional Qualifications: Must be able to process general office clerical work, along with editing and computer skills including Microsoft office suite (such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook) and be able to quickly and accurately learn other electronic databases and programs, including PeopleSoft. Applicants must have strong organizational, management, leadership, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Applicant must possess thorough knowledge of office methods, as well the Internet and social media sites, and be able to handle confidential and sensitive information/situations and think creatively to resolve issues. Applicants must be able to work with diverse populations and with a team of support staff and faculty, and provide excellent customer service to students, faculty, staff and external project team members. Applicants must have the ability to function with minimum supervision for routine tasks, be able to follow directions, take initiative, be flexible, prioritize multiple projects and make decisions with minimal direction, and be accountable for work performed.
Experience in a college or university office setting preferred.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Cash option
- CalPERS Retirement and CalPers 457
- Group Term Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Holidays & Personal Holiday
- Vacation and Sick pay accruals
- Educational Assistance Benefit is based on availability of funding.
- Workers' Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, State Disability Insurance
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is committed to a diverse workforce and affirmative action, and is an equal opportunity employer. UEC maintains and promotes a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment on the basis of race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristics, status as a disabled veteran, or disabled veteran of the Vietnam era.
To view the UEC Affirmative Action Program, please contact UEC Human Resources at (909) 537-7589 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB (UEC) is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access UEC's career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling UEC's Human Resources Manager at 909-537-7589.
EEO AA Policy Statement
Employment of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment.