About University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB
(This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the university's educational mission by providing quality services that complement the instructional program. The University depends upon UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds. We’re responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and local funding for research and sponsored projects.
Temporary, exempt, benefited position through 6/30/2023 (Appointment may be renewed annually based upon availability of funds, availability of work and satisfactory job performance).
Salary: $5,633-$7,176 per month
Location: San Bernardino and Palm Desert
The College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP) is authorized under section 418A of title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended by section 408 of the Higher Education Opportunity Act, P.L. 110-315 (HEA). Funded by the US Department of Education, the purpose of CAMP is to provide the academic and financial support necessary to help migrant and seasonal farmworkers and members of their immediate families successfully complete their first year of college.
CAMP at CSUSB will serve 50 students per year between the San Bernardino and Palm Desert Campuses.
Exempt. 40 hours per week. Schedule to be arranged, but typically, Monday-Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm though some nights, weekend work may be required.
First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning 10/1/2022.
Under minimal supervision of the Associate Vice-President of Student Success and Educational Equity, the Project Director will work independently to:
- Implement and oversee day-to-day operations of the project;
- Ensure that the project follows procedures outlined in the approved grant proposal, and in compliance with the legislation, federal regulations, and uniform guidance;
- Establishes program direction. Provides leadership and oversees administration and implementation of all programs and services of the CSUSB College Assistance Migrant Program.
- Collaborates with the CSUSB Office of Pre-College Programs, sub-contractors, local education agencies, migrant education programs, community agencies, other campus entities and business partners to inform of project opportunities, recruit and serve eligible participants;
- Plan, develop, monitor and manage the budget in accordance to federal, state and institutional policy;
- Hires, supervises, trains, and evaluates program staff;
- Ensures all Program records adhere to U.S. Department of Education Guidelines and serves as the liaison to the Program Specialist;
- Prepares and submits all required division, campus, community and agency reports, including the Annual Performance Report submission to the U.S. Department of Education;
- Maintain accurate, audit ready records including student files, financial records, service records, equipment inventory, etc.
- Maintain a participant database for reporting and tracking;
- Monitor security of and access to databases, student records, and other sensitive information;
- Attend meetings and events as requested;
- Oversees the recruitment, selection and orientation of participants into the Program;
- Develops and continuously updates program policies and procedures;
- Develop and maintain a system for formative and summative Program evaluation;
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- Education: Master’s degree in Counseling, Education, or other related field;
- Experience working with students who are migrant, first-generation, historically underrepresented, low-income, disabled, and/or academically underperforming.
- Five years’ experience in an educational setting;
- Three years’ experience in hiring, training and supervising personnel;
- Possess an understanding of migrant and/or seasonal farmworker communities
- Experience with planning and implementing programs aimed at the retention and graduation of historically underrepresented students;
- Experience with program evaluation and reports;
- Knowledge of general compliance requirements;
- Strong and effective communication and public speaking skills;
- Experience working with target population;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- Valid California Driver’s License and proof of vehicle insurance are required;
- Must have transportation to satellite sites
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred;
- Applicants that have experience in overcoming barriers similar to those of CAMP students are desirable.
- Demonstrated experience working independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Cash option
- CalPERS Retirement and CalPers 457
- Group Term Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Holidays & Personal Holiday
- Vacation and Sick pay accruals
- Educational Assistance Benefit is based on availability of funding.
- Workers' Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, State Disability Insurance
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is committed to a diverse workforce and affirmative action, and is an equal opportunity employer. UEC maintains and promotes a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment on the basis of race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristics, status as a disabled veteran, or disabled veteran of the Vietnam era.
To view the UEC Affirmative Action Program, please contact UEC Human Resources at (909) 537-7589 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB (UEC) is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access UEC's career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling UEC's Human Resources Manager at 909-537-7589.
EEO AA Policy Statement
Employment of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment.