Under the general direction of the Diversity & Inclusion Manager, the incumbent will provide administrative coordination and support on a day-to-day basis to the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Board and administrative functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Budget and Program Administration
- In collaboration with the DEI Officers, the DEI Board and other campus partners plan, execute, coordinate and publicize diversity programs, seminars and conferences.
- Develop appropriate publications, social media communications and advertising to enhance the visibility of the DEI Board and its programming efforts.
- Administer and analyze program evaluations to determine efficacy of programming efforts and to meet DEI goals.
- Serve as a liaison/coordinator among the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Board, its committee members, and the various administrative offices on campus that interact with the board or are dependent upon its policies.
- Maintain and update the website for the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Board.
- Maintain the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Board budget.
- Manage, prioritize, and respond to incoming correspondence, telephone messages, and e-mails for the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Board.
- Prepare the calendar for the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Board meetings and take appropriate minutes for such events.
- Initiate items such as agendas, minutes, and records of meetings for the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Board and submit them to various committee members and offices.
Senate Research and Reporting
- Assist in preparing the Annual Report for the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Board and committee members.
- Serve as a resource person to the faculty, Administration, staff and students regarding Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Board policies and advise them on proper sources of information concerning Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Board policies and procedures.
- Preserve and maintain Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Board policy and other pertinent documents.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree and/or the equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs, PLUS three years of related experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interpret, organize, and present information and ideas in written or presentation form.
- Ability to work with a highly diverse population, including both off-campus clients such as donors, non-profits, commercial programs, community members as well as on-campus individuals including students, clubs, organizations, staff, faculty, and administrators.
- Possess investigative and analytical skills to resolve problems with broad administrative impact and implications.
- Ability to anticipate problems and address them proactively.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills, along with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of and ability to operate standard office equipment and technology including, but not limited to, desktop computer, laptop, copier, fax machine, scanner, and printer.
- Demonstrated proficiency in ability to effectively use common computer and technology programs and related computer software packages (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom, etc.) in the course of assigned duties.
- The equivalent of five years of progressively responsible experience in higher education administration, program creation and support.
Compensation and Benefits:
Anticipated Hiring Range: $5,100.00 - $5,600.00
Classification Salary Range: $4,170 - $7,545 per month
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here.
Work status: Full-time/Exempt/Probationary
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
The application deadline is: January 31, 2023
Conditions of Employment
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
CSUSB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. See Form I-9 Acceptable Documents at https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who physically access campus facilities or programs to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes obtaining a COVID-19 booster dose, or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/11030468/latest.
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. We welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. We will create, promote, and maintain activities and programs that further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values that discourage intolerance and discrimination.
California State University, San Bernardino is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, caste, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, protected military or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096) For more information about Diversity & Inclusion at CSUSB, please visit https://www.csusb.edu/human-resources/diversity-inclusion
We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact the ADA Coordinator by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
CSUSB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/6591951/latest/.
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State San Bernardino Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://www.csusb.edu/clery-act