Work status can include Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Hourly, On-Call, Intermittent "Non-exempt", Emergency Hire (up to 180 days, all permanent positions must go through the competitive recruitment process) positions.
Schedule: To be arranged by hiring department.
* A pool of qualified candidates will be established for current and future vacancies at the San Bernardino or Palm Desert Campus. Qualified applicants will be kept active from January 1, 2023, through December 31, 2023.
Under direct supervision, Administrative Support Assistants I's provide clerical support to administrative units and/or Academic Departments. Incumbents may perform reception duties, including filing of documents, answering telephones, typing forms, letters and memos, and performing other clerical duties as assigned. Typical duties include the following:
- Incumbents will set own priorities regularly and manage multiple work priorities. Incumbents may help set priorities for others but are primarily accountable for own work results.
- Incumbents will plan and coordinate clerical work activities and provide lead work direction and/or training and assistance to others in work processes and procedures.
- Incumbents may perform assignments that are varied involving the regular use of judgment and discretion.
- Incumbents may take courses of action, which are guided by some interpretation of policies and procedures.
- Incumbents may develop creative solutions to a variety of problems addressed.
- Incumbents may perform reception duties, including filing of documents, answering telephones, typing forms, letters, and memos, and performing other clerical duties as assigned.
This pool will be used to notify interested applicants when new Clerical and Administrative opportunities become available. Sign up here to indicate your interest in full-time/part-time temporary or emergency hire roles (up to 180-day appointments).
Current employees will be given preferred consideration.
Minimum Qualifications: Required Education and Experience
High School diploma or its equivalent AND one year of experience in general office clerical work or one year of training in a vocational school/college.
- If typing/keystroke skills are required, a keystroke speed of 50 C.W.P.M. is necessary.
- General knowledge of office methods, procedures and practices, and a working knowledge of correct English, grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
- Applicants must possess fundamental writing skills to effectively communicate standard information.
- Applicants must possess the ability to use standard office equipment, along with the ability to use standard word processing and related computer software packages.
- Applicants must possess the ability to perform basic arithmetic functions, along with the ability to respond to basic routine inquiries and explain standard policies and procedures to others.
- Applicants must possess the ability to work cooperatively with a diverse campus community.
Classification: Administrative Support Assistant I
Compensation: The salary range for this classification is $3,338.00 to $ 4,097.00/month.
The hourly range for this classification is $19.26 to $23.64.
Salary schedule details [calstate.edu]
Work status: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary, Hourly, On-Call, Intermittent "Non-exempt" positions.
Schedule: To be arranged by hiring department.
* A pool of qualified candidates will be established for current and future vacancies. Qualified applicants will be kept active from January 1, 2023, through December 31, 2023.
This position is a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position is required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
Conditions of Employment
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
Driver’s License Check
Possession of a valid Driver's License is required. Employees in this position will be enrolled in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Government Employer Pull Notice Program which confirms possession of a valid driver's license and reflects driving record.
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
CSUSB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. See Form I-9 Acceptable Documents at https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who physically access campus facilities or programs to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, which includes obtaining a COVID-19 booster dose, or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/11030468/latest.
Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. We welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. We will create, promote, and maintain activities and programs that further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values that discourage intolerance and discrimination.
California State University, San Bernardino is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, caste, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, protected military or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096) For more information about Diversity & Inclusion at CSUSB, please visit https://www.csusb.edu/human-resources/diversity-inclusion
We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact the ADA Coordinator by email at email@example.com
CSUSB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/6591951/latest/.
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State San Bernardino Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://www.csusb.edu/clery-act