Administrative Assistant/CVWBC (UEC)
Job no: 529873
Work type: Auxiliary
Location: San Bernardino - San Bernardino Campus, San Bernardino - Palm Desert Campus
Categories: Excluded, Administrative, At-Will, Part Time, On-site (work in-person at business location)
About University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB
(This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the university's educational mission by providing quality services that complement the instructional program. The University depends upon UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds. We’re responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and local funding for research and sponsored projects.
Temporary, part time position through 9/30/2023 (Appointment may be renewed annually based upon availability of funds, availability of work and satisfactory job performance).
Salary: $15.50-$18.00 per hour.
Location: Palm Desert
Up to 19 hours per week. Monday through Friday within the hours of 9:00AM to 5:00PM. Some nights/weekend work may be required.
First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled.
Under minimal supervision of the Program Director, the Administrative Assistant will work independently to:
- Answer phones, route calls, and take messages.
- Set appointments for consultants.
- Call clients the day before their appointments to remind & confirm who they are seeing and the time and date of the appointment.
- Check emails for online appointment requests.
- Assist with training, workshops, and event planning.
- Updating mailing lists, internal staff databases, and statistical information
- Keeps promotional materials ready and keeps inventory of stock, places orders and verifies receipts.
- Assist in execution of traditional or digital campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Some travel between sites may be required.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: 1-year in clerical work.
- Well-developed communication skills, computer skills with Microsoft office.
- Fast learner with electronic databases and programs.
- Excellent customer service.
- Knowledgeable of correct English grammar, spelling, punctuation.
- Applicants must be computer literate and have good typing skills.
- Ability to conduct web-based research, use social media effectively, and proficiency in the latest versions of Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Knowledge of office methods, procedures, and practices, ability to follow directions, take initiative, be flexible, can multi-task and make decisions on a day-to-day basis, be accountable for work performed, and ability to temporarily telework initially upon hire.
- Applicants must be sensitive to the needs of a diverse client base.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is committed to a diverse workforce and affirmative action, and is an equal opportunity employer. UEC maintains and promotes a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment on the basis of race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristics, status as a disabled veteran, or disabled veteran of the Vietnam era.
To view the UEC Affirmative Action Program, please contact UEC Human Resources at (909) 537-7589 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB (UEC) is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access UEC's career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling UEC's Human Resources Manager at 909-537-7589.
EEO AA Policy Statement
Employment of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment.
Advertised: Pacific Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend