About University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB
(This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the university's educational mission by providing quality services that complement the instructional program. The University depends upon UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds. We’re responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and local funding for research and sponsored projects.
Temporary, full time “non-exempt”, benefited position through December 31, 2024 (Appointment may be renewed annually based upon availability of funds, availability of work and satisfactory job performance).
Salary: $3,244.00-$6,023.00 per month
Cal State San Bernardino Reentry Initiative (CSRI) is an education-based comprehensive program that offers services to parolees returning to the Inland Empire. With a wide variety of offerings, CSRI addresses each parolee’s criminogenic needs, aiming to increase community safety, break the cycle of incarceration, and reduce the risk of individuals reoffending.
40 hours per week. Schedule to be arranged, but typically, Monday-Friday from 8:45 am - 5:15 pm though some nights, weekend work may be required.
First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled.
Under minimal supervision of the Center Manager, the Caseworker will work independently to:
- Monitoring client compliance and evaluating overall progress as well as goal achievement with the client on a regular basis.
- Selects, implements, and utilizes progressive prosocial rewards, intervention and enforcement strategies that best fit the characteristics of the client and program in accordance with agency and program objectives and policies and procedures.
- Manages caseload in an effective manner.
- Meets with clients regularly and in accordance with program procedures.
- Accurately documents pertinent information from the meetings.
- Participates in team meetings as scheduled.
- Prepare final reports per program guidelines and submits to referral source.
- Completes file closing procedures in a timely manner and submits all closed files to supervisor for review and approval.
- Education and Experience:
- 1. Bachelor degree and six months experience with criminal justice population . Or
- 2. Associate degree and two years experience with criminal justice population. Or
- 3. High School Diploma and four years experience with criminal justice population.
- Applicants must be self-starters and have the ability to work both independently and as team members.
- Applicants must possess excellent oral and written communication skills as well as the ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with employers, staff and students.
- Applicants must possess the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information along with the ability to work cooperatively with diverse groups of people.
- Applicants must possess a working knowledge of correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation, to be able to write clear and concise reports and express ideas and recommendations orally.
- Applicants must have proficiency in using standard office software such as Microsoft, Word, Excel, Access, email and internet programs.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Cash option
- CalPERS Retirement and CalPers 457
- Group Term Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Holidays & Personal Holiday
- Vacation and Sick pay accruals
- Educational Assistance Benefit is based on availability of funding.
- Workers' Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, State Disability Insurance
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is committed to a diverse workforce and affirmative action, and is an equal opportunity employer. UEC maintains and promotes a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment on the basis of race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristics, status as a disabled veteran, or disabled veteran of the Vietnam era.
To view the UEC Affirmative Action Program, please contact UEC Human Resources at (909) 537-7589 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB (UEC) is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access UEC's career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling UEC's Human Resources Manager at 909-537-7589.
EEO AA Policy Statement
Employment of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment.