About University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB
(This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the university's educational mission by providing quality services that complement the instructional program. The University depends upon UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds. We’re responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and local funding for research and sponsored projects.
Temporary, full time non-exempt, benefited position through June 30, 2024 (Appointment may be renewed annually based upon availability of funds, availability of work and satisfactory job performance).
Salary: $3,986.59 to $5,199.90 per month.
Location: San Bernardino.
The Center for Enhancement of Mathematics Education is the office through which the Inland Counties Mathematics Project (ICMP) runs. ICMP is a regional site of the California Math Project. Our work consists of supporting County Offices, local school districts, teachers, and CSUSB students. We provide various Professional Development opportunities, on either a Fee for Service or grant funded basis. Projects include CSET I & II prep courses, Dinner and a Math Problem, Lesson Study, Summer Institutes, Scholarship Programs (ETEMS, VV-MAThS, Noyce), and more.
40 hours per week. Schedule to be arranged, but typically, Monday-Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm though some nights, weekend work may be required.
First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled.
Under minimal supervision of the CEME Director, the Office Specialist III will work independently to:
- Assist in the support of individual projects as assigned and overseeing the completion of tasks assigned to student assistants.
- Duties include supporting professional development workshops and institutes while providing direct support to the instructors.
- The incumbent will update/maintain accurate and complete records/filing system including electronic filing of scanned and other documents in accordance with CEME office procedures.
- Respond to telephone inquiries, perform reception duties, maintain project web sites and Google sites, create fliers for upcoming events, prepare and track receipt of seminar and institute materials, send reminders to participants, and coordinate various aspects of the projects by keeping track of registrations, reserving rooms, and setting up catering.
- Ensure that various tasks assigned to student assistants are completed in a timely manner.
- Enter and track participant information in various databases, track project participation, and keep detailed records of data for research aspects of the grant.
- Be responsible for purchasing, process financial paperwork, tracking expenses for the projects, financial reporting, and managing the budgeting process for the project.
- Help to ensure that project divisions are achieving their budget and cost share goals. The incumbent will perform all other duties as assigned.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Education: Associate's Degree
- Experience: 4 years office/clerical
- Applicants must be well versed in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and preferably FileMaker Pro, Drupal, Contribute and Google sites.
- Applicants must communicate orally and in writing tactfully, clearly, efficiently and effectively. Applicants should preferably have some experience working with data and data management.
- Applicants must show evidence of a working knowledge and implementation of usual office methods, procedures and practices, as well as the ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Applicants must possess the ability to coordinate multiple tasks, follow directions, take initiative, be flexible, determine priorities, set deadlines, complete projects in a timely manner and work well under tight deadlines.
- Applicants must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with a diverse group of people.
- Applicants must have a strong ability to organize and prioritize work and be able to independently make decisions on a day-to-day basis.
- Applicants must have a working knowledge of QuickBooks (or equivalent) accounting software.
- Applicants must have a working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Cash option
- CalPERS Retirement and CalPers 457
- Group Term Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Holidays & Personal Holiday
- Vacation and Sick pay accruals
- Educational Assistance Benefit is based on availability of funding.
- Workers' Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, State Disability Insurance
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is committed to a diverse workforce and affirmative action, and is an equal opportunity employer. UEC maintains and promotes a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment on the basis of race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristics, status as a disabled veteran, or disabled veteran of the Vietnam era.
To view the UEC Affirmative Action Program, please contact UEC Human Resources at (909) 537-7589 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB (UEC) is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access UEC's career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling UEC's Human Resources Manager at 909-537-7589.
EEO AA Policy Statement
Employment of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment.